Thursday 18 July 2013

Playing Javert - Day 1

The time is now... the day is here!

This morning marked the very first time I got to step into the shoes of Inspector Javert.  It was incredible!

In February I read the book and I've taken elements of book Javert and the different musical Javerts and kind of put them together plus added my own ring to the character and it feels amazing to play on epic proportions.

In all honesty, it's not what I was expecting at all.  I've known Les Misérables for 5, nearly 6 years so I expected it would be very similar if not the same to how it's been done before... oh how wrong I was.

The Cast is absolutely incredible.  I don't think I could ask for a better cast to work with.  Everyone is very friendly, have laughs now and again and everyone gets on really well with each other.

The School Edition sadly has a few cuts to it (one major one being the first verse of Stars) which is sad, but it also opens up to a brand new imagining of Les Misérables which I've never heard/witnessed before, and it's extra special to be a part of it all!

The venue looks brilliant.  It's a very large theatre space in Broughton High School which looks like it will be fun to work in!

Rehearsals today lasted from 10am - 6pm and it was an extremely hot day, so hopefully tomorrow will be a bit cooler, though I doubt it.

Tomorrow I'm not needed until 2pm so I'm quite happy because tomorrow morning I'll have time to do stuff properly (this morning I slept in by an hour so was rushing around to be out the door in case I was late... ah well it paid off since I arrived 10 minutes early).

So that's about it for this blog post. Do check out my video to go along with this post (I will link it below) and don't forget to like my new facebook page/follow me on twitter/Subscribe to me on youtube, if you haven't already done so.  You don't have to but every little helps and every little follow/like/subscribe is fully appreciated!



Kind Regards

Gordon H

No comments:

Post a Comment